Market researcher, Newzoo, forecasts growth for the games industry over the next three years.
Key predictions include:
- An 8% increase in revenue from mobile games by 2021
- Mobile gaming to grow to a $100 billion industry by 2021
- A 13.3% increase in overall revenue for the global games market by 2021
- Engagement with PC games expected to grow in light of competitive play and e-sports
Additional insights for 2018:
- From 2017 to 2018, mobile revenues will grow by more than 25%
- In 2018, 51% of all gaming revenues—$70.3 billion—will come from mobile games
- Console games to generate $34.6 billion
- PC games to generate $32.9 billion
- Games market to maintain double-digit compound annual growth rate of 11%
- China, the US, and Japan have the worlds largest mobile games markets
- The average spend-per-payer in the Japanese mobile gaming market is almost 1.5 times higher than in North America
The global games market is expected to grow from $137.9 billion in 2018 to more than $180.1 billion in 2021, according to market researcher Newzoo.